Monday, September 22, 2014

Wood Pellets, Football and Apple pie!

First thing this morning, we took the log splitter back to the rental place.  After a gas stop at Fred Meyer we went home via the Westside Hwy, as we came by 4 Corners, we saw that wood pellets were still on sale.  After picking up the mail we went home to pick up the trailer.
We bought a ton of pellets and two 40 pound bags of black sunflower birdseed.  I got the trailer backed around to the woodshed and I fully intended to unhook it and unload it later, but  after lunch, I went out to take this picture and next thing you know I was unloading it.  It took about a half hour to unload 1000 pounds, then I took a 30 minute break and puttered in the shop sanding the Sukhoi 29's cowl.
In about another half hour I had it all unloaded and stacked.  I used the two sacks of birdseed to fill the metal can we keep it in.  At one time we had a plastic container, but the squirrels ate holes in it to get at the seed.  While I was cleaning things up, I got a text from Michelle that James had a game tonight.
James is ready to take the snap.
James (14) has just pitched the ball to number 40 and is blocking for him.  Late in the game when they were up 27 to 0 they let kids play positions that they normally don't.  James was playing at the defensive tackle position and did pretty good putting pressure on the quarterback.  I have a short video of him playing that position that I may put a link to here later.
There was a beautiful sunset during half time, a nice end to a good day!
On the way home from the game, Laury texted me asking if I could exercise Sam, I said "Sure".  Then she asked if I was home as she had an apple pie for me.  I texted that I was on the way home, but Vera was there.  She said she would leave it on the bench and it was still warm!  It was still nice and warm when I got home, so I had a piece with ice cream right away and it was really good!  Then I settled in to watch Monday Night Football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visiting the Dolans

  This morning when I went out to get the Smart Car so I could use the new vacuum radiator filling system I saw this little bunny.  It was a...