Thursday, September 11, 2014

A busy day!

I built a new mount to hold the GoPro on the quad today.  Once it was done, I had to go right out and try it.  I set the camera to take a picture every 2 seconds and it took 469 pictures during the flight.  I was surprised by how high it was in the first picture.  The wind was blowing pretty hard, but the stabilization system handled it just fine.  You can see in the picture that some of the limbs are blurry from the wind whipping them.
I came down and flew around in the yard and managed to take a selfie.
Debbie had called with a question about the roofing her and Josh were doing, I hadn't worked with that type of roofing, so I wasn't sure of my answer.  We were heading to James' football game, so decided to stop by and look at it.  As it turned out, it looked like they were doing it right.
This is James before the game, warming up.  It is getting dark earlier now and this is one of the clearer picture I got.
Here, James is about to make his first pass, a completion.  During the next one they tried, he really got hit hard.
James handles the ball really well, once there was a high snap and I was amazed when he caught it one handed and made the hand off to the back.  Columbia River is a big school and they must have had twice the players Mark Morris did.  During the first half MM was still in it, but the second half got ugly fast and they lost 35 to 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...