Friday, September 5, 2014

First Game

Boy did I sleep good last night, all that exercise working on the motor is the cause I am pretty sure.  Since the forecast was for warm weather, I went out and watered first thing.  Then Vera asked if we could prune the lilac bush, so I got the little cordless chain saw out.  I had modified the battery pack so it would take a couple of my Lithium Polymer batteries I use in the planes.  It worked great and the lilac looks much better now.  Vera has had a note on the counter to put the netting over the pond for several days, it was our next project.  Now we are ready for the leaves to fall.  I went out and finished cleaning the area over the cab in the motor home.  I ended up with everything out of it and did some rearranging.  It has always been kind of dark up there, so I added some LED strip lights all the way around the area.  The picture above is how it looked before.
This is what it looks like now, I was amazed at the difference and got Vera right away to show it off.  I am able to get 10 planes and 2 helicopters up there!
James started at quarterback tonight for Mark Morris's first game of the season against Kelso.  MM had a bunch of starters graduate last year so most of the kids were inexperienced.
James played good, but there were lots of mistakes during the game and they lost 35 to 6.
I could see getting out of the parking lot was going to be a problem, it was clear full with only one lane out.  It took us 7 minutes to go 2 car lengths, then we heard a guy tell the car in front of us that if he turned right he could go right over to the back gate that had been opened.  The guy went right, I let the one who told him into the line, and he went right also, so we followed him and in 2 or 3 minutes we were on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brakes and Flying

  Yes, yesterday I got the brake job on the Smart Car finished.  The left side went faster as I had all the tools out and knew how it came a...