Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Motor Home Maintenance

First thing this morning, I was going to change the oil and filter in the motor home.  I got it jacked up and went to get the creeper, no way I was going to lay on something that dirty.  I took it over to the hose and cleaned it up.  While it was drying, I got the front fenders off the Suzuki.  I got the oil started draining while Vera fixed lunch and made some banana bread muffins (boy are they good!).  After lunch, I finished changing the oil, then I went looking for the exhaust leak we could hear.  Vera was hearing it much better than I was, so I knew it was on the right side.  I found the header to the exhaust pipe clamp loose and thought I was all done, until I started it.
Then I could hear the exhaust manifold gasket leaking.  Luckily, I had a set in the shop and changing it went pretty good, considering how hard it is to get to.   It is much quieter now.  I called it a night after that and set down in my chair (big mistake) and may have taken a short nap.  I had a couple of nice visits with friends on the phone after the nap.  I had one more muffin on the way to the shop to lock up.
The Nikon's flash did a good job on this picture I took in the dark while I was out locking the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...