Tuesday, September 20, 2022

September

 9-5-2022

Today we got together with Debbi, Josh, Jordon, Jacob, James and Michelle for lunch at the Country Folks Deli.  Debbie is showing us a video of Jordon riding his electric bike, he was really excited for us to see it.  It is sure nice to get together with the family like this and get caught up on what has been going on.

James and Michelle both had the Chicken Pesto sandwich which looked pretty good, I may have to try it some time.  I had their Peanut Butter Pie and a cup of soup, I will definitely have the pie next time, it was great!

9-6-2022

The planter continues to grow!

9-9-2022

The smoke from the forest fires blew in and we could not even see Abernathy.  We spent most of the day inside because is smelled too bad outside.
9-11-2022
The smoke makes for some beautiful sunsets.

9-13-2022

Laury texted me a picture of Josie at the play fort this morning.  I had a couple of minutes before we had to leave for my doctors appointment in Longview so I headed over to see them.  I was sure surprised when she hopped out of the sandbox and gave me a hug.  Then it was up the ladder and down the slide, play with the steering wheel in the fort each time she went up.
Then she wanted to swing and made sure Laury gave Minnie Mouse on the swing a push also.
She sure takes good pictures!
James helped me put up the TV antenna the other day.  I was getting some pixilation on channel 2 so I decided to take down some limbs on the cedar tree that were in the way.  I put on my fall arrester gear so I could tie off once I was at the top of the ladder. 
I ended up taking off about six limbs before I was done.
Vera took this one as I was unhooking to come down.
This is part of the mess we had to clean up.  A day or so later I discovered I had used magnetic North to aim the antenna instead of True North.  After making the change the cedar tree wasn't in the way anymore.

9-17-2022

I finished up putting gutter guards on the West side of the house today.  Boy was there lots of leaves and fir needles to clean out.
9-18-2022

The East side went much faster since I could work off the scaffolding.  I was able to put up two 3 foot sections with each move of the scaffolding.  Hopefully this will keep them from plugging up each winter. 
9-19-2022

I fell a cascara that had grown up into a cedar tree today.  James came up later and helped us cleanup.  I also set up the ladder on this cedar tree and we pruned off some low hanging branches.
9-20-2022

Today I had a dental appointment at Salmon Creek Kaiser in Vancouver.  It went great and the issues I was referred down there for were nothing to worry about.  We stopped at Pacific Northwest Best Fish in Ridgefield for lunch and as usual their Halibut was great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brakes and Flying

  Yes, yesterday I got the brake job on the Smart Car finished.  The left side went faster as I had all the tools out and knew how it came a...