Friday, September 19, 2014

Civil War

Mark Morris played RA Long in the annual Civil War Game tonight.  This is during the National Anthem, it was a great evening to watch football.  Before we headed down, I put a coat of Thompson's Honey Gold stain on the shop deck.  We left early for the game so I could check on renting a log splitter.  We have a bunch of wood that was never cut up.  I went out the other day with an ax and split two pieces, that took about 15 minutes and convinced me that renting a splitter was a good idea.  I was planning on doing the job Monday but the guy said I could get one right then and for the one day fee keep it until Monday morning.  A few minutes later, we were headed back home to drop off the splitter.  We got back to the stadium in plenty of time to get a great parking spot.  Last year we were 3 or 4 blocks away.
The MM Scholarship Foundation was selling hamburgers, chips, cookies and a drink before the game.  We had dinner there with Mik and Michelle.
James (14) and the team are waiting for the coaches to signal in the play.  The game did not go well for them tonight and they lost 42 to 0.  They kept trying right to the end, makes us proud of them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...