Monday, September 1, 2014

Flying CVRCF

We went flying at the Cowlitz Valley R/C Flyers field today, they were having another barbecue to use up the food left over from two weeks ago.  I had the lights all installed on the Alienator, so I took it along to test fly.  The brushless motor is much lighter than the brushed one that was in it before, and I was using a lighter battery so it was really tail heavy.  I was holding full down elevator most of the first flight.  This picture is after the second flight, I had moved the battery forward as far as it would go and I only had to hold about half of the available down elevator.  It looks like I am going to have to add some lead to the nose.  The lights showed up pretty good even in the sunshine.
This is a picture from the second flight, I could fly it well enough so Vera could get a picture.
The club president Mike did the cooking and it tasted great, I had a hamburger, brat, chips, cocoa mounds and salad, boy was I full!
This is Mark's quad taking off for a flight, it has GPS positioning, live video and data down link.
This is what Mark sees on the screen, lots of data displayed there.  The quad is across from the field and you can see the runway, pits and driveway.
I have been wondering how old my ECO8 helicopter was, so I looked back through my pictures tonight and it first appears in 2003, so it is at least 11 years old.  I used one of my newer batteries in it today and boy did that make it perform!  We had a great time, it was one of those rare days with very light winds along the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...