Friday, September 26, 2014

A new project!

I have been thinking about this project for a long time, converting my old Cobra helicopter to electric and flying it again.  This picture was taken in the 70's at CVRCF field.
I had an old fan and clutch assembly with a fan blade broken off, so I sawed off the others, got the lathe out and turned the stubs down.  Then I put it on my prop balancer and rebalanced it.  Then I had to modify a 5 mm collet to mount it on the motor.  It took a couple of trips to Bredfield's, but I finally found a pipe clamp that worked to hold the motor.  During one of the trips to town, we drove down to Lions Pride Park, there were lots of people fishing.  Across the river there were 4 tents, 5 or 6 sun shades and a bunch of pickups with boat trailers.  While we were sitting there, a boat came drifting down the river with a guy fighting a fish.  They netted it right in front of us and me with no camera.  Next week I will get the Cobra down and make a few changes to it before installing the gearbox and motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...