Thursday, September 4, 2014

More Motor Home Maintenance

We walked this morning, just Vera and I, we could tell that fall is in the air.  After it warmed up a little, my plan was to change spark plugs in the motor home.  I went in the shop and ended up finding some LED bulbs for the left turn signal that was burned out, that turned into a couple of hour job as I had to fix a bad ground.  When I got to the spark plugs, I could only find 7!  By the time I found the missing one in the tool box, I had a good start on cleaning up the area over the cab, something to finish tomorrow.
Changing the spark plugs went really well, you can see that they are all where I can reach them from the cab.  As I was checking other things, I found the carburetor mounting bolts loose, so I tightened them, that seems to have helped it idle a little better.  Then I noticed a couple of small leaks on the valve covers.  Once I got those tight, I called it a day.  The evening couldn't have been any better with the Seahawks winning 36 to 16.  That was a nice way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...