Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pond Day

After our walk this morning, I thought about going flying, but the weather did not look like it was going to clear up, so I decided to clean the ponds.  I have been wanting to do it for quite a while as the bigger one had lots of algae in it.  While I was hunting for the suction hose for the pond vacuum, I heard some squealing, the girls were on the swings getting pushed by Steve.  I went over and watched for a little bit and took some pictures.  I finally found the darn hose right where I had looked before but I was thinking it was black instead of gray.  When Vera got home from bible study I had been vacuuming for an hour and still had lots to do.  I stopped for a cup of soup and went back at it.
This how it looks now, I gave it a treatment of algaecide and will vacuum it again in a couple of weeks.
Vera has been running the dirt I spaded up through a screen for the last couple of days taking out the grass roots.  I vacuumed out the small pond and re potted two of the water lilies.  While it was filling again, I helped Vera finish up the screening and raked it out.  We are planning on putting in some plants and cover the exposed dirt with fabric and rocks.  After I got most of the tools put away, I went in for dinner.  I sat down while the pizza was baking and had a pretty good nap before eating.  I watched a little more TV, then went out and worked on the clocks.  I got one finished before coming in for the evening.  I have a feeling that I will sleep good tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...