Sunday, April 28, 2013

Finally the flowers are blooming!

Saturday was a rest day for me after 8 hours of flying on Friday.  I did go out and do a little work on the helicopter, but that is about the only thing I accomplished.
 Sunday I started modifying the Table Shade mounting brackets so they will work on the benches at the flying field.  I soon discovered that I did not have the right piece of metal to do the job, so I got the camera and took pictures of flowers until Vera got home from church.  The Magnolia tree is getting pretty tall, so the 42X lens sure worked good for those pictures.
 Our rhododendrons are just starting to bloom, this red one is the first every year.
The lilacs are just starting to bloom and they smell so nice.
This azalea has been in bloom for a while, it got pruned pretty heavy and does not have as many blossoms as normal.
  And last, but not least are the wild strawberries, we have them every where and the chipmunks really like them.  After lunch, we went downtown and I found just what I wanted for the brackets at Gunnar's.  I spent the afternoon welding up and painting the extensions.  Watching some rodeo this evening was a nice end to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...