Thursday, April 4, 2013

The good old days!

We walked this morning, then I messed around on the computer until it was time to pick up James for a driving session.  We cruised around Longview, checked out the airport and then went out on the freeway to give him some experience driving in the rain.  Lots of trucks out today, so he really got tested right away on dealing with the spray.  Then we went over Pleasant Hill Rd. so  I could show him where we used to live.  Just after that, I got a text that Mik was ready for some help moving the refrigerator up the stairs at the Antique Mall, so James got some more freeway experience on the way to Kalama.  When we finished that job, it was time for his baseball practice, so we met Michelle there and I headed home.
UPS had brought my new slide converter, so I started reading the instructions and getting it set up.  Once I got the right SD card in it, things started going better.  The first picture is Lynne and Laury taking a bath with Dianne looking on.  It had turned so orange with age that converting it to black and white looks much better.   I wonder if Dianne is egging Laury on?
This is Bev with a couple of my early radio control planes in about 1965.  The red one with the iron crosses flew pretty well for a single channel escapment control.  I don't remember the biplane flying, so maybe it was a hanger queen.
This is me in the 70s when I was learning to fly helicopters.  The club was flying at Lexington next to the Holly Farm then.
Here is Michelle and Bev when we lived on Buland Drive, they spent a lot of time on that gym set.  I scanned 181 slides today, so you will be seeing more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...