Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Monday and Tuesday

I was a slow starter on Monday, it had to be around noon before I headed out to the shop.  I noticed the twins out playing, so I detoured over there and visited for a while.  I noticed the pond was losing water, so I tore into it.  I finally found the leak by the little waterfall.  The rock around it had caused the soil to settle creating a leak.  I opened up the liner and pad so I could put more dirt under them.  James called Monday night while I was watching football and we made arrangements for him to come up and mow on Tuesday.

Tuesday
Michelle dropped James off at 7:30 and we settled in for a little Xbox.  Later we went over to Dianne's to visit and Harper put on a real show for us.  She was running around throwing herself on the floor, doing everything she could think of to show off.  We were laughing so hard!  In the afternoon, James, Parker and Auna wanted to go to the creek and build a dam.
They stacked rocks, chunks of wood and gravel to improve on a dam Parker and his friends had made.  James and Auna spent quite a bit of their time hunting agates and found some nice ones.
While I was waiting for them on the bridge, I noticed the reflection of myself and the sky in the water, so I took this picture.  When they got done there, we went for a ride on a couple of trails and then headed to the other creek spot to look around.
Later the twins were outside and we went over to watch.  Ava was sitting on the teeter totter wanting a ride so James went down to give her one.  She would not look at him, she just sat there without moving, head down, Harper had let him pack her earlier and even talked to him.
Harper was putting sand on the seat and then sweeping it off, she was told not to put it outside the sandbox, but she would say "No".  I think it was when Auna told her not to that she answered "No Way".  Those girls crack me up at times!  James and I played some more Xbox until it was time to run him home, I lost at Madden Football again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...