Monday, August 1, 2011

Finally!

Sunday was a stay at home day for me, I puttered on the computer and worked on the B-36.  I put the magnets that hold the tail cone in.  It turned into an all day job, grind a hole for the magnet, epoxy it to the fuselage and wait for it to harden.  Stick the matching magnet to it, push the tail cone against it to make an impression, grind out another hole, put plastic between the magnets so they would not be glued together, epoxy the second magnet to the tail cone, hold everything in alignment until it hardened.  I had to repeat this 3 times for the six magnets that hold the tail cone on now.
 Today, I finally got that last aileron covered!  I also put the plane together and weighed it, 9 pounds 6 ounces, it looks like I am going to be close to my target of 15 pounds.  I also charged the batteries I used flying Saturday, that gave me something to do while waiting on the epoxy to harden.
Since it is garbage day, I swept the shop floor when I was taking out the shop trash.  That does not happen too often, so I took a picture of it to show everyone.  It was sure a nice day out, I really enjoyed it during my trips to the motor home to change batteries.  I also stopped by the blueberry bushes each trip.  Hope you got to enjoy the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...