Monday, August 8, 2011

What is that smell?

After I got home from flying Sunday, I went into the shop and thought I smelled something, but was too tired to investigate.   This morning while I was doing e-mails, Vera called from Vacation Bible School and said one of the church members wanted to borrow our dehumidifier.  I headed right out to get it ready and when I found it, I also found the smell.  When I was loading the motor home Saturday night I must have knocked over a quart of gear oil.  Boy does it stink!  I spent the rest of the morning cleaning up that mess, one good thing came out of it, my floor in now a lot cleaner.  After Vera got home, we made a run to Michael's to get a piece of plywood I needed for the B-36.  While we were down there we had lunch at KFC.  I made a visit later to see the twins and had my normal great time watching them.  I charged some of the batteries I used Sunday, worked on the B-36, took out trash and mopped the floor again as I could still detect a faint smell.
As I was coming in this evening, there was a deer eating fire weed across the driveway.  That was the second time I had seen it today, it is not too scared of me as it stayed right there as I locked the door and went over to the motor home.  When I came back it was still there eating.
When I took the garbage can down to the road, I noticed this rose and after I tried to get more pictures of the deer, having no luck, I took this picture of the rose.
The sunset looked like it might be pretty, so I spent some time outside waiting and watching, but it never got any better than my first picture.  It was a good day even if it was a little stinky for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vera's Birthday

 Vera and I started the day with breakfast at the Oasis, it was very good and I ended up bringing half of mine home. James came up about an ...