Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday I worked on the B-36 until Vera got back from bible study, then we went to Longview for my blood test.  Wednesday sure seemed like a good day for blood tests as there was no one waiting and I got right in.  I mentioned to Vera that I was thinking about getting a hair cut, and she said she had just been thinking the same thing.  Our luck held there also as we got right in, I never got past the index of Car and Driver before they called me.  After our haircuts, we decided to wander around Fred Meyer for a bit.  We found plenty of stuff and had a pretty good cart load when we left.  I made a trip over to watch the twins for awhile and then spent the rest of the day messing with the B-36.

Thursday, after Vera finished her walk, we went to a garage sale on Pleasant Hill Road.  That turned into an adventure, a narrow overgrown driveway and lots of items sitting in a yard that had not been mowed for a long time.  One of those places where a person does not feel comfortable.  We did not stay there long!  Then we decided to look for one that was advertised on Holcomb Rd, we went up, and up. and up until we got to the top and then started down towards Kelso.  We saw a sign that said "Almost There", we kind of think that means half way there!  We finally came to East Rd and found the sale, prices were high and it looked more like a business than a garage sale.  One $2 knife and we were out of there.  On the way back, we spotted a sign for a sale on Ostrander Rd, that turned into another adventure!  I did not know it went so far up into the hills, we found a county park we did not know existed, finally after going to the end of the road and coming back we found the sale.  It had been going on since Monday and we did not see enough left to warrant getting out of the car for.  It was a nice ride into a new area for us.  After a stop for the mail, we headed home and I worked on the B-36 some more.  We got a call from Mik inviting us to dinner which we accepted.  On the way back to the shop, I saw the twins had just been in the shop for a visit and I wasn't there.  I followed them over to the wading pool and as soon she saw me Ava jumped onto the slide and went into the pool.  I guess she had not wanted to do it earlier.  Harper made several trips down it before she started watering the clover.  When they headed for the big pool, I went and worked on the bomber and our pond until it was time to leave for dinner.

Mik turned out another wonderful meal on the Traeger, we had brisket, asparagus  done the way I have grown to love and a corn casserole that was great.  It is great sitting around visiting with family after a good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vera's Birthday

 Vera and I started the day with breakfast at the Oasis, it was very good and I ended up bringing half of mine home. James came up about an ...