Friday, December 14, 2012

A busy day!

No picture again today, (I was too busy) so I am using this picture from December 2003.  I arranged for Barry to take James for his first light plane ride in Barry's Maule at Olympia.  James was a little hesitant at first, but it did not take long until he was flying great.  Since he had soloed some radio control planes already, he knew what to do.

I started out the day bringing in our solar lights and candles from the deck and drying and cleaning them to store for the winter.  Then on the list was the motor home furnace, I had pulled it out about a week ago because it would not start.  I cleaned it up, checked the safety switches, cleaned the orifice, adjust the spark gap, and soldered a bad looking connection on the circuit board.  I test ran it in the shop with no propane, the fan ran and the igniter sparked, so I took it to the motor home and installed it.  It sure made me happy when it started on the first try and every time I tried it the rest of the day.  I did some work on the curtains by the table of the motor home to seal them better.  I also got the reflex sight I  ordered for the video camera in the mail today.  It looks like it will work great, I had to order a couple more parts for mounting it to the stock and I will be ready to video airplanes.  This evening I settled in and watched another Pink Panther movie, what a good way to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...