Friday, December 6, 2013

The Madrigal Dinner

A big surprise, this is what I saw when I opened the blinds in the kitchen this morning!  I grabbed a ruler and measured a little over an inch of snow.
The first thing I did today was fiberglass the Dirty Birdy fuselage.  I made up a mount for it that screwed to the wing hold down blocks so I could clamp it in the vice to cure.
I mounted the fairing to the wing today, I did a lot of measuring to try and get those screws even.
We went to the Madrigal Dinner this evening put on by the Mark Morris and R A Long choirs.  This is the court Jester who greeted us and entertained all evening.
Inside the Great Hall (the RAL Cafeteria) you can see the King and his court at the head tables.
The choirs sang and served the food, I believe they are serving the soup in this picture.
Mik and Michelle, when it was time to eat, the Jester announced "Bib Up".  Since it was supposed to be medieval times there was no silverware and you ate with your hands.  The Jester did invent forks and ran around giving them to anyone who wanted one.  Enough people did, that he ran out before the night was over.  I enjoyed the Cornish Game hen and the pumpkin cheese cake was excellent!  James made a special effort to make sure I got my cake early!
The group James is a member of is singing some Christmas songs, they sounded very nice!  I videoed one song earlier, but I wish I had recorded these also.  I will add a link to the earlier video when I get it uploaded.
After everything was over, James and Savannah came over to see us.  We had a great time, lots of good  food, songs and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...