Friday, December 20, 2013

A nice relaxing day at home!

A little snow this morning, so I went right out to take a picture before there were lots of footprints in it.  We both felt like a day at home, so we did not even make a mail run.  I finally made it out to the shop about 11, I got the laser level out and fitted the sub fin to the Dirty Birdy.  When the glue had set, I installed the horizontal stabilizer and big surprise, it lined up perfectly.
I did some more work fitting the tail rotor gearbox, the Sikorsky has the tail rotor on the opposite side from what is normal for model helicopters.  I turned it around, right away I ran into a problem, the pitch control linkage will not work, so I will look online for something that will work.  If nothing is available, I will have to modify the existing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...