Monday, December 30, 2013

Good Bye Recliner

Our plan for today was first thing we would head down to Waste Control and get rid of the old recliner.  It has been in the back of the van since I got the new one.  I loaded up all the recyclables and we finally got on the road about 11:00.  That was $4.00 well spent!  I had a list of several things I wanted to pick up, so our next stop was Home Depot.  I found a new light for the shop, the one over my work bench had burned out.  Then I found a reading light for by the new recliner to try, and we finally located the waste baskets after asking a clerk.  No more 5 gallon buckets now!  In our travels around the store, we got the cart pretty well filled up with a few other things we spotted.  After a stop at Safeway, we went home and unloaded and I started installing my new light.  Boy is it a lot brighter than the old one.  While I was putting the light up, our neighbor Mercedes and her daughter brought up warm tamales, that took care of dinner for me, they were really good.  After 3 days, I think that the second 3 bladed prop for the Corsair is finally balanced, boy are they a pain!  I had a nice phone call from my friend Bob and we got all caught up with what went on over Christmas.  I got the helicopter out and put in a flight this afternoon.  I had the thought that this is the last flight of 2013, maybe I will have Vera take pictures, I landed so I could get her.  She reminded me that this is not the last day of 2013, but I had her take pictures any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brakes and Flying

  Yes, yesterday I got the brake job on the Smart Car finished.  The left side went faster as I had all the tools out and knew how it came a...