Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Cold and Foggy

It was cold and foggy this morning, I don't think the twins will be out playing at the fort!  It was a good day to stay inside and work on the planes.
I started making the hatch for the Dirty Birdy today, first I put a layer of plastic wrap over the nose and stretched it tight.  The I put on a layer of 6 ounce fiberglass cloth.
Then I added another layer of 6 ounce cloth followed by a layer of 2 ounce cloth adding epoxy as needed to wet them.
Finally, I added plastic wrap again stretching it tight with the blue tape and left it to set.  I worked on the Corsair after that.
I mounted the speed control, put the connectors on the motor and hooked everything up and checked the motor rotation.  Naturally it was backwards, the nice thing about the brushless motor is you only have to switch two wires to reverse the motor.
I got the dummy engine ready also, I cut out between the cylinders for cooling air and did a little painting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...