Thursday, December 5, 2013

A step backwards!

Remember this picture of the motor and speed control?  Well, today I discovered that the motor stuck out of the cowl too far to look good.
I ended up cutting 3/4 of an inch out of the middle of the motor mount to shorten it.  I put carbon fiber rods in each corner to reinforce it and added some carbon fiber strips on the outside.
This is how it ended up and it is just perfect!
I laid up a second hatch this morning so I would have a spare if I messed up somewhere.
The second one turned out to be the best one.  I have trimmed it roughly to shape here and I drilled the mounting holes shortly after taking this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...