Friday, December 27, 2013

Back to Normal!

My Christmas present from Vera was a game camera.  I set it up Thursday morning on a tree across the driveway.  The first pictures from it were a guy coming to pick up a TV cart I had.  I saw his request for one on Freecycle and after checking to make sure I still had it, I offered it to him.  It turned out he lived in Castle Rock, so it was an easy pickup.  He was an older gentleman who goes around to the nursing and rest homes and plays music for the people.  He wanted the cart so he could take a TV along to have the words to songs on it so people could sing along.  He was in the Navy when he was younger, he likes and knows airplanes, so we had a really nice visit.  After he left, we made a run to Bed Bath and Beyond to exchange the White Elephant gift I ended up with, it was a wine rack and since one medicine I take is not alcohol tolerant, I could not use it.  After much wandering around I got a waste basket with a foot pedal operated lid for the shop to replace the 5 gallon bucket I have been using.  it looks so good, that I am going to get another.  James came up and spent the evening with us while his folks went to a party.  The game camera got them coming and going also, but it was foggy so the pictures were not all that good.  We had a good time watching sports highlights and You Tube with him.

Today (Friday) I started editing my pictures from Christmas and getting caught up on my blog.  I also did some work on the Corsair oil coolers, I just did not like the way they fit on the wing, so I am blending them in with filler.  I had a call for my friend Jerry asking if he could stop by for some help with a transmitter.  The picture above is him arriving from the game camera.  I am looking forward to putting it out on the trails and seeing what wild life we have around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...