Saturday, December 21, 2013

Another nice stay at home day!

I worked on the new helicopter most of the day.  I was really pleased when I got the tail rotor drive completed, it took several modifications, but it works great.  The next issue is the control linkage back to the tail rotor, I ordered some parts today that I will use to make a pitch change lever that is a mirror image of the original.
I fitted it into the fuselage after showing it off to Vera.  I did some research online today for the landing gear placement, I got the body at the last swap meet for $40 and it did not have instructions or plans with it.  I glassed the sub fin on the Dirty Birdy this morning and it had set up this evening, so I was able to spray on a coat of primer before coming in for the night.  I am not sure where the name Dirty Birdy came from, because the plane is very streamlined and should be pretty fast.  Vera made a great chicken soup today, that along with a Feta cheese, tomato and broccoli salad made for a great meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...