Friday, July 15, 2011

Mowing at LCRC

We planned on mowing the club field today so it would be ready for the picnic Sunday.
We got there about 9:30 and I started unloading the mower.
About 10 minutes after we got there, Leonard and Audrey got there.  We had made arrangements earlier in the week for them to come down and help.  Leonard started mowing the pits and parking area, once he had the edges done, Audrey took over.  Leonard then got out his Weed Eater and did around the fences and restroom.
I mowed and rolled the runway and around the building while they were doing that.  It sure goes a lot faster with two mowers.  The last time I did it alone, it took 5 hours.  We flew for a little while after we finished and then Vera and I headed for home.  Vera did a good job with the new camera, providing me with pictures for here and the club forum.
After we got everything unloaded and put away, I went out and worked on the Lancair.  I got the aileron servos and linkage installed, hooked them up to the receiver and fastened the wings on.  It is ready for it's test flight, maybe Sunday at the picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brakes and Flying

  Yes, yesterday I got the brake job on the Smart Car finished.  The left side went faster as I had all the tools out and knew how it came a...