Monday, July 4, 2011

The 4th of July

James slept almost 12 hours last night after his big weekend at the beach.
He was in a great mood today!  Parker and him shot off fireworks all afternoon before the party at Gabe and Des's.  I charged batteries from my flying session Sunday, and Vera made cookies for the party.  When the party started, James did lots of visiting with everyone, plus they were still shooting off fireworks.
After eating, the game of 31 began, there were so many people that they had to divide it up into two groups.
This is the second group, David won the pot in their game.  The number one table's game dragged on for a long time, I think all the talking and laughter probably slowed them down.
This is James' fireworks table.  After the games were over, Parker, Will and James got serious about shooting off the fireworks.  I got some of it on video and have put a link at the bottom.  We had several fireworks go astray, the Chinese Hot Air Balloon went into the trees, but it is so wet this year that the chances of a fire were slim to none.  James tried to light the grass next to our driveway earlier and couldn't, this is something we have done every year.  I hope you enjoy the video, we sure had a good time.  Thanks to Gabe and Des for having us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...