Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Good, Bad and the Ugly

The Cowlitz Valley Radio Control Flyers had a Warbird fly-in today.
This is part of what I loaded up and brought, 3 or 4 more are over at the bench.  It was a great day of flying, with light winds that were right down the runway.  By 4 it was getting pretty warm.  We had a good turn out of pilots and planes.
This triplane was so cute, I had to include a picture of it.  It is made from Blue Core insulation foam.
That was the good today, this is the Bad!
This is the cause of the Bad, the speed control burned up and it is pretty Ugly now.
It got so hot that the solder melted and all the wiring fell off.  I had made it almost back to the runway and was only about 20 feet up when it rolled over and went straight in.  Boy did it stink afterwards, we had to put it down wind of us for the rest of the day.  All these planes have an expiration date, we just don't know when it is!  Even with this crash, I had a great time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...