Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

Monday
Get up, do exercises, shower, breakfast and read e-mails, now I am ready to go.  Vera wanted some weeds cut off, so I got out the Weedeater.  Boy does it do a lot of cutting on a tank of gas. I did the weeds, all around the house and shop, but there was still lots of gas left, so I quit.  One thing I learned, don't wear shorts, the clippings hurt like heck when they hit your shins.  Then it was time for another shower and change of clothes, it threw grass and weeds all over me.  Most of the rest of the day was spent messing around in the shop.

Tuesday?
What the Sam Hill did I do Tuesday?
OK, the first line of Wednesday reminded me that I made a canopy latch for the Lancair.  On the first flight Sunday, when ever I would go fast the canopy would lift up in back.  The magnets were not strong enough.  I ended up making a tongue in front that goes into a slot and a latch in the back that I can turn to take the canopy off.

Wednesday
I worked on the Lancair, touched up some glue joints with paint so they did not show as much.  After lunch, I loaded up the sprayer onto the 4 wheeler and started spraying weeds.  Goofed again, 10 gallons was way more than I needed.  I sprayed all kinds of trails getting rid of that.
While I was spraying, the bugs followed me everywhere, so I decided to hunt up our bug zapper and put it up.  The first one I found wouldn't light up, then Vera found this one and it worked, but needed a serious cleaning.
I noticed there was no wind this evening, so I got the Champ out and shot touch and goes on the driveway.  I got reminded once not to fly over the heat pump discharge. because a 1.5 ounce plane thinks it is a hurricane!
When I came in after doing some cleaning in the shop, the sky was beautiful.  Strange not to see clouds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...