Friday, June 10, 2016

A great day!

Yesterday I got a call from Marie that she needed a few things, we picked them up while we were in town for baccalaureate.  We got an early start so we got there just after Marie's breakfast.  Marie turned 89 recently, and she had gotten this big card.
Marie was really proud of the card because it was signed by lots of people at Colonial, she had also gotten some really nice flowers and recognition at church.  After we left there I gave Barry and Mona a call to see if they were home so we could run up for a visit.  They were gone right then while their house was being inspected for the buyer.  That was all done by the time we got there as we took the slow route through Tenino and let the GPS guide us.  We ended up on a couple of roads that we had never been on before but it took us right to their house.  We had a really nice visit and lunch with them.  They took us to Mod Pizza where you build your own pizza, each size has one price regardless of what you put on it.  It was really great tasting pizza and we will be going back again.  When we left Barry and Mona's we headed to Costco for some coffee Vera wanted and a stop at the hobby shop for me.  The hobby shop was first and I found a few things I needed.  When I went to check out it got funny, the computer was down so they had pads and pencils figuring out the sales.  The card machine was down also and they did not have a manual machine so they were rubbing on the cards with a weight to transfer the numbers to the credit card forms.  After watching a couple of those transactions I decided to pay cash and not have my card ruined.  At Costco we managed to have a fairly full cart before we left, the checker asked if we found everything we wanted and Vera told him we just came in for the coffee.  The traffic was a little slow getting through Olympia and at Centralia where they are doing the construction but we had a pleasant ride home to end a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...