Monday, June 20, 2016

Mowing and Flying






















I loaded up the mower yesterday evening so I could mow the club's landlady's lawn today.  Mrs. Herren is in her nineties, the granddaughter that had been living with her just moved out and she is not able to do the outside upkeep.  She wants to stay at her home as long as she can, so she asked the model club if we could mow for her rather than pay rent.  We agreed, but we still plan on paying the rent.  I parked the motor home at the flying field, got the mower unloaded and Vera settled in before I went over to mow.  I got the front done and did a little of the back which had been a goat pasture but it was too tall and rough for this sized mower, then I got wire wound around the center mower blade.  I watered her flowers and headed back to do some flying. Mrs. Herren's house is in the center of the picture above.
I only flew two planes today, but I had a great time with them.  I hadn't had the T-28 out for a couple of years and I had forgotten how well it flies.  The other one flew much better after I discovered the rudder hinge had failed, I put that piece of blue masking tape on to repair it.  More permanent repairs will be done tonight.
Three other flyers showed up, two of them had new radio controlled cars and we had a great time playing with them in the parking area.  I will have to take mine next time.
While I was unloading Vera took some pictures of the flowers.  We have lots blooming and I really liked this picture she took of the hydrangea.
 While she had the camera out she took a picture of me with the wire that was around the mower blade.  The blade turned out to be bent on one end so I replaced it.  After I got done, I mowed the lawn to test it out.  This evening I took the quad with the new low light camera out and did some flying in the dark.  It worked petty good and I had fun trying something a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...