Saturday, June 25, 2016

Windy Flying!

The wind came up fairly early today and pretty soon it was 15 gusting to 20 mph.  I put my planes on the ground so they wouldn't get blown off the table.  I think the wind kept some people away as there only five of us there today.
I had to do a little research online to figure out what Ralph's plane was, it turned out it is a Vought Kingfisher.  It sure flew nice!  One of the flyer's plane went down out in the hay field, two people pointed out right where is should be, but five people went out looking and didn't find it.  Later Leonard walked out to where he saw it go down so I went with him but took a different route.  I went across the fence into the wooded area and looked around  but had no luck.  We both came back a different route without seeing anything.  The guy is coming back later with his quad with a TV camera on it and try to find it.  I hadn't walked on the treadmill this morning so it was good exercise.
Vera made sandwiches and we stopped at the South Lewis County Park to have dinner on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...