Sunday, June 19, 2016

Baseball and Flying

James had an 11:00 game this morning, it was blowing pretty good and kind of chilly so James had his Monarchs jacket on.
When James gets a hit my picture will usually show him looking right where the ball is.
James is coming into second, Michelle is by the fence taking pictures and Vera is in the motor home watching.  It would be a much nicer picture without those cell towers.  We brought the motor home today because the Sani-Can they had yesterday was a mess!  This way we had a nice clean bathroom to use.
It seems like this was the weekend to get pictures of James sliding.  He was safe at third a couple of minutes after the picture of him at second.
He scored on the next hit.  They ended up losing 4 to 2 and that was the end of their playing for this tournament as it was a loser out game.
After the game we went over to the Toledo flying field.  There was a good turn out for Father's Day flying, I counted ten members there.
One of the guys test flew his new Stuka and I got a great picture of it and Mt St Helens as he came in to land.  It was way out of adjustment and he felt lucky to get it back on the runway in one piece.  I flew four flights while we were there.  One of the members had 200 feet of crepe paper attached to his plane and we were trying to cut it with our planes.  The funniest thing happened, I hit the ribbon and it didn't break, instead it hooked on my plane.  As you can imagine that did not work out well, two planes trying to go opposite directions.  We both ended up landing out in the hay field.  Mine wasn't damaged so I attached the ribbon that had finally broken to my plane and hand launched it.  I was playing around doing loops trying to cut my own ribbon when I hit it and got it wound up in the propeller and down I came again.  I made a total of five flights and then we headed home.
Jackie sent me the cutest picture of Cora today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...