Thursday, January 9, 2014

Way Back when

I had a pleasant surprise in my email today, an old flying buddy, Ken, was scanning old pictures and ran across several from the late sixties or early seventies when we flew at Lutrell's field near Deer Island, OR.  I just sold that plane at a swap meet last year.  The picture sure brought back some good memories of Ken, Cliff, John and Dick.
After our walk this morning and puttering on the computer for a while, I went out and started putting the landing gear on the new fuselage.  It went great, and I had it installed in no time.  I had not planned on it, but pretty soon I was fitting the mechanics of the Trex 500 into the fuselage.  I must have had those mechanics in and out of there 20 times today.   Each time, something would interfere with the fit, I moved the tail rotor pitch servo, the receiver and had to adjust the position of one cyclic servo.  I am getting close, maybe tomorrow I can finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...