Thursday, January 30, 2014

Kaiser here we come!

We walked this morning and had a great time, everyone was in a good mood.  We picked up breakfast at BK and headed home until it was time for our eye appointments at Kaiser.  Somehow, I looked at the clock wrong and hustled us out the door an hour early.  We were all checked in at 10:10 and the appointments were not until 11:20 for Vera and 11:40 for me.  We settled down for a long wait, Vera with her Kindle and me with my Galaxy.  After a little while I remembered the Xray I was supposed to get of my replacement knee, so I headed down to the lab and checked in.  It was good timing, there was no one else waiting and I was in there in about 5 minutes.  By the time I was finished there, it was only about 15 minutes until Vera's appointment, but they were running late!  I think it was about a half hour before they called her in.  I was next while her eyes were dilating, my prescription had changed enough that I ordered new glasses and new sun glasses after I got out.  From Kaiser, we went to "Freddie's just for Halibut" for lunch, stopped at Fred Meyer for a couple of things.  We took the long slow way home over Delameter Valley Rd., stopped to pick up the mail and finally got home about three.
I spent part of the afternoon working on the Dirty Birdy, I got the elevator servo installed and started planning where the rudder servo goes.
I got the elevator linkage all cut to length before calling it a night.  Then I headed in to get caught up with my blog.  Three days took a little while by the time I picked out the pictures to use, edited them and got everything written up.  Now I can head in and relax with my new Model Aviation magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...