Monday, January 13, 2014

Meeting Night

I had a club meeting in Centralia tonight, so we left early to pick up the mail and visit Marie and Bob.  My 2013 printed blog book was at the post office and it looks good.  Marie was in a good mood and we had a nice visit.  I had taken a new SD card with some of my latest pictures on it for her digital picture frame.  The first thing she said to me was "It quit working!".  It was not doing a slide show, it was just sitting on one picture.  I turned it off and inserted the new SD card and it took right off.  They had a short power failure last weekend and that may have caused it to stop.  When we left there, we stopped by Bob's for a short visit and to drop off a receiver.  As always, Bob's is a very pleasant stop.
Sam (well maybe Laury) had given me an Applebee's gift card for watching him.  When we left Bob's, we went there and had a great dinner.  Before going to the meeting, I put a few gallons of gas in the Blazer because, Castle Rock's new Chevron seems to have the cheapest gas around, that was a big surprise.
They don't all show in the picture, but we had 16 people at the meeting, almost 50% of the current membership.  To get more people at the meetings, we are having show and tell sessions.  I took my Corsair and there were 3 other planes there as well.  One fooled all of us, it looked like wood and fabric construction, but it turned out to be painted foam.  It was kind of a long meeting because we were discussing bylaw changes.  We did get a couple changed and a committee was formed to come up with recommendations at the next meeting.  When we got home, I pulled into the Chevron and discovered I could use my Safeway discount there, so the gas ended up costing $2.89 a gallon.  I did the minutes right after we got home so I wouldn't forget what my notes meant.  It was a good day and it sure went by fast, well, except for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...