Friday, January 17, 2014

Watching Paint dry

My helicopter parts showed up this morning, along with my new Tilley hat, it is a new style they just came out with.  I wanted it for the lighter color that should be a little cooler in the summer.
I went out and started installing the new parts and test fit the mechanics into the body.  Everything looked good, so I pulled them out and decided to paint the wood frame so it would match the mechanics.  Some times fast drying paint can take a long time to dry, I got tired of waiting and ended up making Chex Scotcheroos with Vera, she wanted to use up the leftover ingredients for our Christmas baking.  After they were done, the paint still was not dry, so I took a plate of them over to Steve, Dianne, Ava and Harper.  The girls really liked them and Dianne had to tell Harper to stop eating them.  After dinner, I went out and started putting the helicopter back together.  It went pretty good and it wasn't too long until I was out in front of the shop testing it.  Right away, I discovered I had the tail rotor servo hooked up backwards.  The only way to change it was to pull the mechanics out again and move the servo arm to the other side.  It went much faster this time, practice makes perfect.  I took it out and put a test flight on it.  I kept hearing an odd noise, then the canopy fell off, it landed in the grass and was not damaged.  I will have to add another couple of magnets to hold it on.  Other than that, it flies great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...