Sunday, January 26, 2014

Great Memories!

I scanned a bunch of negatives today, this is how it looked when Mt St Helens blew, from Studebaker Place where we lived at the time.  I was loading up to go flying when Vera called me in to look at the funny cloud she could see out the kitchen window, it had lightening in it.  As I came in to the kitchen the neighbor jumped the fence and ran over hollering "The mountain blew".  I did make a flight later off the road in front of the house.
This picture is a little later in the day as the clouds of ash spread out, it's taken from Schaffran Road.
Here is a picture from about that time (1980) of my folk's place.  Michelle and I had been out flying, taking pictures of where Dad worked, Michelle would fly, I would open the window and take pictures.

I had a good day, the grill is back in, the Dirty Birdy elevator halves are glued together and Vera made a great beef stew for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...