Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Wood heat sure feels good today!

Lots of wind and rain this morning, we ended up with 2.05 inches of rain today.  I had just finished breakfast and was about half done with my emails when the power went out.  When it didn't come back on after an hour or so, Vera wanted the stove started.
It has been quite a while since there has been smoke coming out of the chimney!  Since it was too dark to work on anything, I made a trip over to Dianne's.  Right away I was invited/ordered to come in the bedroom and play with the girls.  I got down on the floor and played with them, they are not always happy when I write my name on their magnetic drawing boards and usually erase it right away.  They were really shocked when I put Harper's lip gloss on, Harper said "You are not a girl Alan!", then she put the cap on and said "No Again".  I chuckled all day about that.
You have to be quick to get a picture sometimes, Harper was in the picture when I pressed the shutter, but all I got was her feet in the mirror!
Ava and Dianne were working on a puzzle as I left.
Steve mentioned having to cut up a tree across the driveway, so I walked down later to look at it, just a small one, then another small one came down later.  After a couple of hours, the power came on, only to go off a little while later, all together, the power was out for 5 hours.  When it finally came on to stay, I worked on the Bonanza a little and then came in and watched Monday Night Football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...