Monday, November 26, 2012

It won't start and It flies!

After our walk this morning I went over to get the motor home and load it with the new planes for some test flying at Toledo.  There was only one problem, it would not start!  After I pulled the engine cover, I checked the spark and it was good, there seemed to be gas getting to the carburetor, then I noticed the chock was stuck open.  It fired right up after that and I moved it around to load up.

That was good, Vera just came in and mentioned she had some of the pie Mik sent home yesterday, it sounded so good, that I took a break from this and polished off the rest of it.

Back to flying, there were two other flyers, Stafford and Larry were there when we finally got to the field, not long after we arrived, Leonard and Audrey showed up, followed shortly by Ken.  The first plane I flew today was the Bonanza, I had to make a couple of minor trim adjustments and it flew fine.
Then it was Turbo Bee's turn, talk about easy, I threw it and away it went, I did not have to do anything until it was up to speed, then just a couple of clicks of aileron and elevator trim.
It is great fun to fly, I made 3 flights on it and would have probably flew a forth except I forgot to put Velcro on one battery.  I forgot my cameras today, but I carry my old Canon in the motor home, I want to thank Vera and Audrey for taking these pictures of the Turbo Bee with it.  We had a great day, the longer we flew, the better the weather got.  I was going to fly the Bonanza again, but I could not get the radio to work, after I got home and unloaded, I discovered the switch had gotten bumped off, one thing I did do after I got it working was set the fail safe system up.  I spent the rest of the afternoon unloading and taking the garbage down.
One more picture, I borrowed/stole one that Audrey took with her camera and put on the club forum, Thank You Audrey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...