Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Christmas List

Yep, I started making a Christmas list this morning and I am not going to buy anything on it until after Christmas!  Both Vera and I have noticed one gutter overflowing when ever it rains hard.  The sun came out this afternoon, so after much searching I found the ladder, cleaned the gutter and I got 2 1/2 gallons of junk out of it.  I found a few more things to do on the Bonanza today, I wanted to add a spinner and found one that was just the right size in the spinner drawer, funny how that works if you organize things.  It turned in to a little longer job than I expected, I had the cowl on and off about 6 times setting the down thrust and spinner spacing.
Here it is with the landing gear retracted, it is going to look good making a low pass!
I also worked on the wiring, getting it fastened down so it did not look like so much of a rats nest.  There are lots of wires, 2 aileron servos, 2 flap servos, the rudder servo, the elevator servo, 3 retract gear leads and a speed control lead going to the receiver, I put narrow strips of Velcro down and fastened the wires to them.  I also ran the motor today and it is putting out 375 watts.  While I was waiting for glue to dry, I started on the Mario flying car, making a couple of reinforcements.  Boy you should have seen how many catalogs came in the mail today, we just get done with the election and they hammer us a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...