Saturday, June 9, 2018

Tailgate Swap Meet Prep and Sander

I have spent the last couple of days getting some planes ready for a tailgate swap meet at the club picnic next week.  I also did some cleanup in the shop, things were getting a little out of hand.  After several months I finally unplugged the shop vacuum system.  Things are looking better already with it working.  I also started cleaning up the belt sander I got for ten dollars at a garage sale.  Boy is it made a lot solider than my old one, it is almost all cast iron.  I found some things not put together right and corrected them, I have new belts and sanding discs coming on Wednesday and it will be ready to use.  My jigsaw quit a while back and I discovered a new motor is more than I could buy a new one for so it went in the garbage can.  That freed up space for the sander on the lazy susan.  As I was moving things around to work on the P-39's nose gear I found the data link I was missing for the drone demo at Cascade.  Why it was under the MXS-R I am building I will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...