Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Hot Weather Flying

Monday morning I was up early and got to see the sun come up over the shop.  We made an early shopping trip to Longview and we were back home before ten.  I worked on the MXS a little and oiled the P-39 retracts, Saturday they were leaking air as I flew and the wheels would only stay up about half of a normal flight.
This is just after we arrived today, I pumped up the P-39 retract system and they stayed up for about an hour, they were no trouble when I flew so the oil did the trick.  The forecast was for fairly warm temperatures today, I put in plenty of flights early and we headed home about 2:30.  The air conditioning sure felt good when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...