Sunday, June 17, 2018

LCRC Picnic and Tail gate swap meet

This is how we got set up for the tailgate swap meet.  I didn't think of taking a picture when we first set up so six of the planes were gone already.  We took ten planes and I was thinking we sold nine as there was just one to take home but Sunday I discovered one tucked out of the way in the motor home that never got taken out.  Oh well, seed for the next one.
There was a pretty good turnout and lots of good food, I counted about thirty people.
Did you notice that all my planes were on the ground?  When the windsock is straight out the wind is ten miles per hour.  I put my wind speed meter up and it showed a steady ten miles per hour with gusts to nineteen.  I checked the Weather Underground station across the road when I got home and that is what their chart showed.
Gene brought some planes to give away, I ended up bringing home the delta with 503 on the tail.  I also got a Gold Edition AT-6 kit that was in a silent auction for three different kits.
This is a picture taken by Steve Irby of my P-39 coming in for a landing with the gear and flaps down.  Church today had the smallest turnout I have ever seen, there was probably lots of Fathers day celebrations going on.  After church we spent a pretty quiet day at home.  We will probably do something next weekend with the family for Vera's birthday and Fathers Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...