Friday, June 29, 2018

Lunch with Barry and MOHS

Wednesday Barry and I met at the Centralia Papa Pete's for lunch.  We spent a couple of hours visiting and getting caught up.  I had planned on taking a picture while we were at lunch but I was enjoying the visit so much I forgot all about it.  On the way home I stopped and visited Horty and Nancy for a while, the first time I had been to their new place.
Thursday we were up early and left a little after six for my MOHS surgery in Portland.  Boy am I glad we started early as it took over thirty minutes to go seven miles on I5 in Vancouver.
The surgery went OK but it took two tries to make sure the margins were clear on the two basal cells.  Because it healed so good before the surgeon and I decided to go the same route of keeping the scab off and keeping it moist while it heals rather than do a reconstruction.  It was a seven hour day at the clinic before I was all done seeing the reconstruction surgeon.
This is how I looked when we got home, a ton of bandages for a spot 3/8 of an inch on each side.  I slept sitting up in my recliner to help keep it from starting to bleed.
 No pain yesterday or today until I bent over once and then I could feel it big time.  I think I will sleep in the recliner again tonight.  I puttered in the shop some today doing some work on the radio controlled car I got at a garage sale for ten dollars.  This afternoon Vera made this awesome rhubarb crisp, can you tell I had some before taking the picture.
I went back to the shop this evening to work on the delta I got at the swap meet, on the way I noticed it was fairly calm so I got the Tarot 250 out for a flight.  When I got set up on the shop porch I saw David unloading brush on the burn pile so I flew down there.
David noticed the quad and waved at it a couple of times.  I managed to land in a bush when I got back to the shop when the camera came loose.  I took it to the shop and when I got done I don't think it will fall off again. That was a fun way to finish the day

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...