Tuesday, June 12, 2018

A great day of flying at Toledo

Steve, Doug and I mowed first thing this morning and then got set up to fly.  Leonard and Audrey showed up next, then Jim and Teresa.  Jim and Teresa brought Leonard his new ejector chair.  It is really a rocking folding chair, but the pistons that let it rock help one to get up out of it.  I guess the first time Leonard got out of Jim or Teresa's it almost launched him into the table.
The mountains were sure looking pretty today.  This is Jim's Cub with Mt St Helens in the background.
I managed to get Mt Rainier in the picture of the take off.
Steve used my camera to get a picture of Jim and I flying, nice when people do this as I don't get many pictures of myself.
Teresa is learning to fly and doing great as you can tell by the relaxed attitude of Leonard her instructor.
We had a great turn out, we counted 15 people there today.
Steve is launching Doug's motor glider, it got kind of exciting for a few seconds when it torqued to the left.
I got to test fly and trim out this electric ducted fan jet today.  It flew great and landed nice and slow with the flaps down.
After I took the picture of the jet I zoomed up on Mt St Helens to see how it looked.
When we got home I noticed this one fuchsia was a different color from all the others on the plant so I took this picture of it.  Pretty amazing that one camera can do both closeup and distance so well.  It was a good day, I got in lots of flying and visiting.  I think my new favorite lunch at the field is peanut butter and honey on cinnamon swirl bread, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James and CVRCF BBQ

9-18-2024   James stopped by after student teaching today.  The teacher he is working with usually finds some reason to leave James alone wi...