Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snow

We walked this morning and we found these icicles when we got to the Rock.  This is Pastor Pam taking a picture of her husband Don with them.
 Yesterday after bible study at the birthday lunch for Julia and Carole Vera had given her old Kindle to Charlene, so after our walk we stopped by and got it set up for her.  She has a nice view over Castle Rock from her window.
While we were at Charlene's I got a call that my new glasses were in, so after breakfast we headed toward Longview.  I had also gotten a text from Bev that it was snowing in Longview.  The further South we went, the more it snowed.  I got my glasses, stopped at the House of Wood and got a new bookcase for the computer room and we picked up a shepherd's hook at Wilco for the new bird feeder.  When we started toward home some of the streets were getting a little slick, we saw one fender bender on the Longview Kelso border.  When we left Wilco and got on I5, just over the first hill, we saw our first serious wreck, then there was another just before Ostrander.  The picture is the traffic backed up from them at the scale shack.
We had a little snow when we got home, then it continued most of the day.  The last time I looked there was about 4 inches.  I am sure glad we got home before it got bad.  We listened to the Blazer's scanner about a bad wreck down by Ridgefield and then watched coverage of it on TV after we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...