Saturday, February 22, 2014

Finally some Flying!

We started the day at a little swap meet in West Longview.  There wasn't too much airplane stuff, but I did buy two really small servos from Jeff and Tina, they are on the right side of the picture.  Jeff also gave me a box of older electric motors.  I had a good time talking with several club members that were there.
When I finished at the swap meet, we ran home, had lunch, I got the motor home out and loaded.  It was one of those rare things, we left exactly when I had planned on leaving.  Leonard, Audrey, Ken and Rene were there ahead of us.  I got these three planes out right away, I was anxious to test fly the Dirty Birdy.  Two clicks of up elevator trim and two clicks of right aileron trim and it was flying great, it is a keeper!  This was the first time out to the field with the helicopter since I put the body on it.  It is much easier to see when it gets out there a ways.  The Corsair is turning into one of my favorites, it handles so nice.  I also put a flight on the Facetmobile, I found a slow servo, so I changed both of them, it flies much better now.
 Our excitement today was that Leonard had a midair with his wife Audrey.  Vera and I happened to be watching and saw the whole thing, Vera said Leonard caught up with the smaller plane from behind and knocked one wing off.  This is the third time they have had a midair.  It was a little chilly out there, so everyone was heading toward home about 2.  I unloaded the motor home, put it away, got a load of pellets with the four wheeler and got the shop stove going.  This evening, I sorted the box of old motors, glued the ailerons on the Cub wing and set up the GPS stability system that came the other day.  Now I have to figure which plane to put it in.  It has the ability to bring the plane back if you get too far out, you flip a switch on the transmitter and that turns on the "Return Home" feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...