Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ready for a test flight!

It is nice seeing some blue sky once in a while, I could get used to it!  We had a nice walk this morning, it is a lot easier when I don't have to wear my parka.
I spent the day doing last little jobs on the Dirty Birdy, I got the wheels on, finished up the battery hatch latch, picked out a prop and fitted the spinner to it, test ran the motor/prop combination and checked the amps 467 watts and 41 amps, the motor is good for 55 amps, so I ordered a different prop, but this one will work fine for a test flight.  I also weighed it, 5 pounds 3 ounces with the battery in it.  Once it is trimmed out, I will add some more decorations to the top of the wings, they sure look plain compared to the checkerboard on the bottom.  I think a pilot will look good also.
The last thing I did before coming in tonight was add the diagonal braces to the Cub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apache

  I was out by the Smart Car when I saw an Apache Gunship fly by heading North.  I heard it turn and pretty soon it went by going South.  It...