Sunday, May 19, 2024

Two Days of Flying

 5-18-2024

Today we went down to Clatskanie for the Cowlitz Valley Radio Control Flyers Summer Kick-Off 2024 Fun Fly.
This is the club president Jerry telling us the Fun Fly rules.
I didn't take too many pictures today, this is the East benches and some of the planes.
I got to test fly and trim out this Eagle for Brian.  It flew great and only needed a few minor trim adjustments.
This is our friend Lincoln after a flight and Ken one of the club members.  I had a great day of flying after almost 6 months without flying.  I ended up placing first in every one of the events.  Luckily they had a rule that you could only win one prize so after the first one it went to the second place finisher.  We had a couple of short rain showers that sent us to the car after putting the planes under the table.  But they were not long enough to cancel the event.
When we got home I walked out and took some pictures of our Dogwood tree that is blooming now.
Then I noticed the over 40 year old Rhodendron's North of my shop were blooming also.
This is a close up of a bloom of the plant in the middle.

5-19-2024

Today we went up to the Lewis County Radio Controllers field for their first BBQ of the year.  I took this picture just after we got there and you can see Mike and Mike getting ready to fly a Spitfire.
This is a view from the North end of the pit area.
Here is a photo from the South end close to the table I was set up on.
Mike and Mike are getting the Christian Eagle started.
In this picture of my table and planes you can see the Christian Eagle in the upper left corner.  I had a great day, did lots of flying, had a good hamburger, cake and cinnamon roll for lunch
After we got home Laury sent me this picture of Josie on her bike.
I forgot to put this with Friday's Plan B post, this is my Happy Friday picture of Hattie from Laury.

As I was editing my blog Vera mentioned the smoke so I had to go look.  Parker had a pretty good fire going and I think it all burned up.  I am looking forward to more great weekends like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trimming

It has been pretty quiet here since Vera's birthday.  I did some sanding on the Smart Car's roof and it is ready for paint again.  I...