Saturday, April 9, 2011

More yard work!

After my friend Dennis's visit this morning, I went back to work on the ferns North of the house. I decided to cut back the ones around the pond also and that led to me cleaning the filters on the pumps. I hauled that load to the compost pile (now about 6 feet high) and started trimming the bushes by the motor home carport. As I was taking that load to the compost pile, I noticed the ferns by the East deck needed trimming also so I stopped and did them. After dinner and a nap I did a little rearranging in the shop and called it a night.
I didn't take any pictures today and while I was looking for something I ran across a picture of my Aunt Jean.
She is the person who got me started building model airplanes. I was down at Grandma Jarvi's spending a week or two. Jean was building a model airplane and I showed an interest in it. She went to town and got a model kit for me and started me building it. It turned into a great hobby for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vera's Birthday

 Vera and I started the day with breakfast at the Oasis, it was very good and I ended up bringing half of mine home. James came up about an ...